Flint cars were produced from 1923 to 1927. Three different sizes of Flints were sold, all with six cylinder engines.
|115″||H-40||H-40, B-40||B-40, B-60||B-60|
1 E-80 7-passenger sedan delivered with a 130″ wheelbase.
The Flint Motor Car company was created in July 1922 shortly after Durant’s purchase of the Willys-Overland factory in Elizabeth, New Jersey. The purchase of the Elizabeth factory included the prototype of a car that was, with some modifications, to become the Flint E-55.
Production of the E-55 began June 1923 at the Durant Long Island City factory. [Kimes] reports that only 500 cars were produced.
In 1924, production of the E-55 moved to the Elizabeth factory and to a new factory in Flint, Michigan. As well, production of the smaller H-40 began. This car was originally to be have sold as the Eagle.
During 1925, the model H-40 was replaced with the model B-40. The B-40 featured a slightly more powerful engine and hydraulic brakes.
Three new models, the B-60, the E-80 and the Z-18 were introduced in 1926. The model B-60 replaced the B-40 and the E-80 replaced the E-55. The Z-18, known as the “Junior”, was to be the smallest and lowest price Flint produced. The Flint Michigan factory was shut down and sold in 1926, production of Flints continued in the Elizabeth plant.
1927 was the last year of production for the Flint.